* Is __thread keyword for ppc supported?
@ 2003-11-20  9:36 lapo.pasqui
From: lapo.pasqui @ 2003-11-20  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi all,
I'm trying to compile a powerpc version (MPC 8260) version of the glibc 2.3.2 using a gcc 3.3 cross compiler with nptl library enabled.

When I run the configure for the glibc, the config process complains "compiler support for __thread is required".

However I cannot find a way to enable this suport within my cross compiler version of gcc.

This is a snipet of the code that cause the problem

> cat test.c
__thread int a = 42;

> powerpc-linux-gcc -c test.c
test.c:1: error: thread-local storage not supported for this target

Is Thread local storage supported for powerpc? What should I do to enable it?

Thanks
  Lapo

WebMail Tele2 http://www.tele2.it

* Re: Is __thread keyword for ppc supported?
@ 2003-11-23  0:15 Dara Hazeghi
From: Dara Hazeghi @ 2003-11-23  0:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lapo.pasqui; +Cc: gcc-help

Hello,

tls support for powerpc should be in 3.4 (when it's
released). It was added in back in May
<http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2003-05/msg00774.html>
(if you can check out current gcc cvs, that should
have it).

I doubt you can build nptl on ppc without a cvs
compiler (not positive though).

Dara

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/