* Linux compiler Question
@ 2003-11-24 11:03 Mohammed Sultan
From: Mohammed Sultan @ 2003-11-24 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help, gcc

Hi There,

When I give gcc -v on kaldera version 3.1.1,It gives me the following

Thread model:single &
Gcc version Number

[1]So,If my program is multithreaded, & the thread model is
"Single",Will the libraries like STL etc be thread safe.
[2]Should I have to change the Thread Model to "PThread" then...

Hoping to get a reply soon & Thanking u..

Mohammed

* Re: Linux compiler Question
@ 2003-11-24 16:26 ` Phil Edwards
From: Phil Edwards @ 2003-11-24 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mohammed Sultan; +Cc: gcc-help, gcc

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 12:03:44PM +0100, Mohammed Sultan wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> When I give gcc -v on kaldera version 3.1.1,It gives me the following
>
> Thread model:single &
> Gcc version Number
>
> [1]So,If my program is multithreaded, & the thread model is
> "Single",Will the libraries like STL etc be thread safe.

No.

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/faq/index.html#5_6

> [2]Should I have to change the Thread Model to "PThread" then...

The compiler and its runtime libraries must be rebuilt in order to do that.

by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
    - Brian W. Kernighan