* gcc for 56800E core
@ 2004-02-11 15:08 Massimiliano Cialdi
From: Massimiliano Cialdi @ 2004-02-11 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc help

Is it planned the support of motorola 56800E core?

What do I need to know if I would to try to add this architecture by
myself? Where can I find more infos and documents?

thanks
--
Massimiliano Cialdi
cialdi@firenze.net

* Re: gcc for 56800E core
@ 2004-02-13  6:44 ` Jan Zizka
From: Jan Zizka @ 2004-02-13  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Massimiliano Cialdi; +Cc: gcc help

Hi,

you'll first have to port binutils (or have some other assembler).
I've done binutils port for 56800 and I'm working on gcc port
for the same dsp. I have plan to port the 56800E family as-well,
but it's hard to do it alone. So if you are really willing to
make 56800E ports then I'd suggest to join our forces and let
the "force" be with us :))). I have created project on Sourceforge
so have a look there (CVS includes starting port of gcc as well,
which doesn't work yet :((():

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dsp56800
http://dsp56800.sourceforge.net/

Regards
           Jan

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 04:08:19PM +0100, Massimiliano Cialdi wrote:
> Is it planned the support of motorola 56800E core?
>
> What do I need to know if I would to try to add this architecture by
> myself? Where can I find more infos and documents?
>
> thanks
> --
> Massimiliano Cialdi
> cialdi@firenze.net
> m.cialdi@oksys.it

* Re: gcc for 56800E core
@ 2004-02-13  8:09   ` Massimiliano Cialdi
From: Massimiliano Cialdi @ 2004-02-13  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Zizka; +Cc: gcc-help

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 08:43:59 +0200
Jan Zizka <ziza@klubicko.net> wrote:

> you'll first have to port binutils (or have some other assembler).
> I've done binutils port for 56800 and I'm working on gcc port
> for the same dsp. I have plan to port the 56800E family as-well,
> but it's hard to do it alone. So if you are really willing to
> make 56800E ports then I'd suggest to join our forces and let
> the "force" be with us :))). I have created project on Sourceforge
> so have a look there (CVS includes starting port of gcc as well,
> which doesn't work yet :((():
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/dsp56800
> http://dsp56800.sourceforge.net/

Great :DDD

I would be happy to help you, but I have never worked on a gcc
porting, so please be patient with me.
I cannot dedicate full time to this project but I'll do my best.

We could try to involve more persons.

thanks

--
Massimiliano Cialdi