* Linux multithread option, pthread , D_REENTRANT
@ 2004-06-11 20:18 sadf sadf
From: sadf sadf @ 2004-06-11 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,
I want to build multithread option on Linux.
I am using gcc 3.2.x version.

I have found, I have to use -pthread option. Is it
correct option, to make my application multithreaded?

Do I have to use this option for compile time or/&
link time?

Do I have to use the "-D_REENTRANT" option, at
compiler time time?

Is there any other command line option should I add,
to make my application multithreaded?

Thank you,
Avin Patel

http://messenger.yahoo.com/

* RE: Linux multithread option, pthread , D_REENTRANT
@ 2004-06-11 20:22 lrtaylor
From: lrtaylor @ 2004-06-11 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: patelx01, gcc-help

Use -pthread both at compile time and at link time.  This will cause
_REENTRANT to be defined, so you don't need to add it yourself.

Just in case there's any confusion, this will only set up compile and
link time options for building a multithreaded program.  This will not
make a non-thread program multi-threaded.  You have to do that yourself
in the program, and then use the -pthread option when building.

Thanks,
Lyle