* Fwd: Regd GCC Compiler optimization flags - pls ignore the prev mail
@ 2004-06-21  5:41 mily vishwa
From: mily vishwa @ 2004-06-21  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi all

 The Gcc Compiler online
document(http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Optimize-Options.html)
specifies that
"Not all optimizations are controlled directly by a
flag. Only optimizations that have a flag are listed.
"

Does this mean that for O1/O2/O3/Os optimization
levels, the compiler does some optimizations of which
only some of them
have flags listed  ??? For example O1 consists of not
just these optimizations
          -fdefer-pop
          -fmerge-constants
          -fthread-jumps
          -floop-optimize
          -fif-conversion
          -fif-conversion2
          -fdelayed-branch
          -fguess-branch-probability
          -fcprop-registers
but some other additional optimization ones too

If the above is true , then can anyone let me know as
to what kind of optimizations are done by the compiler
for which the flags are not listed ?

Regards
mily

> http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-06-21  5:41 UTC | newest]