* 64 bit application compilation on linux on ppc64 platform
@ 2004-07-02 19:13 smitha shankara
From: smitha shankara @ 2004-07-02 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Please reply by mail as my machine is not on USENET.

we are currently porting a multi-pathing
device driver to  linux on powerpc64 architecture.
(more specifically redhat enterprise linux 3.0)
Our driver compiles and works fine on
IA-64 , AMD-64 and other 32 bit linux architectures.
  We also  have a utility that we use with the
driver. The utility shares a data structure with
the driver code and sends ioctls to the driver.
The driver is a 64 Bit MSB executable and works
fine. I need to compile the utility as a 64 bit
executable too. However I cannot get it to
link properly to the right 64 bit glibc library.
 I have gcc 3.2.3 on my powerpc system. This is a
bi-arch compiler that ships with the RHEL
distribution.

 I was wondering if you had clues as to how I
could get the utility to compile and link as a
64 bit executable. I have tried the -m64  compiler
option and the -m elf64ppc option to the linker.
I get the following errors when I try compiling the
utility.

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/ppc64-redhat-linux/3.2.3/../../../libc.so
when searching for -lc
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/ppc64-redhat-linux/3.2.3/../../../libc.a
when searching for -lc
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.so
when searching for -lc
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.a
when searching for -lc
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lc
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mppUtil] Error 1

thanks,
smitha

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-07-02 19:13 UTC | newest]