* Compiling Help on AMD64
@ 2004-07-29 23:47 hsieh Carl
From: hsieh Carl @ 2004-07-29 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

The value from DW_LNE_set_address (stated in 6.2.5.3)
is passed to address stated in 6.2.2. The problem I'm
having is the value is always zero on the AMD64 chip.
I get a valid address on the i386. How can I get a
valid address on the AMD64?

Thanks,

Carl

I'm cutting & pasting some info for your reference.

DWARF Debugging Information Format
Unix Internation
Programming Language SIG
Revision: 2.0.0 (July 27, 1993)

***** on page 51 *****
6.2.2 State Machine Registers

address - The program-counter value corresponding to a
machine instruction
         generated by the compiler.

***** on page 56 *****

6.2.5.3 Extened Opcodes

2. DW_LNE_set_address

Takes a single relocatable address as an operand. The
size of the operand is the
size approprate to hold an address on the target
machine. Set the address register
to the value given by the relocatable address.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-07-29 23:47 UTC | newest]