* RE: I need help in installing gcc
@ 2005-01-25 15:32 Adolfo Giannasi
From: Adolfo Giannasi @ 2005-01-25 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Dear people:

I may say I am new in compilers.
I downloaded gcc-3.4.2, I configured by creating an objdir directory and using:

../configure --with-as=/usr/ccs/bin/as --with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld

Then I make bootstrap and the following error came up
Make: fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 64: Unexpected end of line seen
*** Error code 1
Make: fatal error: Command failed for target 'bootstrap'
Can someone help me?
Thanks,

Adolfo Giannasi
IT Department
BCP, NY

"EMF <bankbcp.com>" made the following annotations.
This email and any file transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by Tumbleweed for the presence of computer viruses.

* Re: I need help in installing gcc
@ 2005-01-25 15:59 ` Claudio Bley
From: Claudio Bley @ 2005-01-25 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi.

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 10:31:00AM -0500, Adolfo Giannasi wrote:

> Dear people:
>
> I may say I am new in compilers.
> I downloaded gcc-3.4.2, I configured by creating an objdir directory and using:
>
> ../configure --with-as=/usr/ccs/bin/as --with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld
>
> Then I make bootstrap and the following error came up
> Make: fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 64: Unexpected end of line seen
> *** Error code 1
> Make: fatal error: Command failed for target 'bootstrap'

It seems you're not using GNU make, are you?! You need GNU make version
3.79.1 (or later) as the prerequisites demand.

Btw, you may download binaries for Solaris from www.sunfreeware.com.

Also note, that it is HIGHLY recommended that your objdir should NOT reside
within GCC's source tree.

--
Claudio