* Help with Itanium DFA
@ 2005-06-23  5:02 Balaji V. Iyer
From: Balaji V. Iyer @ 2005-06-23  5:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello Everyone,
    I am currently going through the DFA
implementation for Itanium under GCC 3.4.2. I was told
by someone that in Itanium it is able to represent an
immediate value for an instruction that takes more
than the alloted length into anohter slot.

For example, let's assume that in an immediate
instruction in slot 2 has 5 bits to represent its
immediate value. And let's say we need to pass in 0x7F
(which contains 7 bits), I heard that you can put the
immediate value (0x7F) in another slot next to it.

Can someone point me to place where is the code to
handle this represented in the ia64 folder?

Any Help is Appreciated.

Thanking You,

Yours Sincerely,

Balaji V. Iyer.

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-06-23  5:02 UTC | newest]