* Using gcj to compile java
       [not found] <20050727162335.4673@prufrock>
@ 2005-07-28 15:35 ` Eric
From: Eric @ 2005-07-28 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

I'm trying to use gcj to compile a bunch of .java
files, but it doesn't seem to be able to work out the
class dependencies.

If I have all my .java files in one directory, and if
I do "javac *.java", then java can compile them.

But if I do "gcj *.java", then gcj gives me a bunch of
errors saying that it can't find the classes, even
though the classes are there in the directory.

How can I tell gcj that the classes are there?

Thanks,

Eric

--- Peter Graves <peter@armedbear.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 at 14:33:25 -0700, Eric wrote:
> > To make a long story short, it seems that there is
> > a circular dependency thing going on.
> >
> > "gcj Autoload.class" asks for Function.class
> > "gcj Function.class" asks for Functional.class
> > "gcj Functional.class" asks for LispObject.class
> > "gcj LispObject.class" asks for Lisp.class
> > "gcj Lisp.class" asks for Autoload.class
> >
> > But Autoload.class is where I first started.
> >
> > What am I doing wrong?
> >
> > Eric
>
> How about:
>
>     gcj ~/src/org/armedbear/lisp/*.class
>
> If that doesn't work, you might want to ask the gcj
> folks; I'm by no
> means a gcj expert.
>
> -Peter

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-07-28 15:35 UTC | newest]