* Problem with compiling source code that includes headers with GTY markers
@ 2005-08-08 13:47 Moritz Muehlenhoff
From: Moritz Muehlenhoff @ 2005-08-08 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,
I'm having a problem with extending GCC 4.0.1:
I added a new source file to the gcc/ dir, which doesn't contain
GTY markers itself. But since then all files included from the
new file, that have GTY markers fail to compile with syntax errors,
because the GTY token is unknown. So I assume that I need to declare
my new source file for GTY processing, although it only uses these
only indirectly, correct?
So I've added it to GTFILES from Makefile.in, but this doesn't help
either. Does anyone have an idea, what might be the problem? (The
new file operates on RTL/RTX data, not's not exactly a front end
file, but according to section 18.3 from the gccint docs this seemed
like the correct way, or what other options could I try?)

Thanks,
        Moritz

* Re: Problem with compiling source code that includes headers with GTY markers
@ 2005-08-10 13:47 ` Moritz Muehlenhoff
From: Moritz Muehlenhoff @ 2005-08-10 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> I'm having a problem with extending GCC 4.0.1:
> I added a new source file to the gcc/ dir, which doesn't contain
> GTY markers itself. But since then all files included from the
> new file, that have GTY markers fail to compile with syntax errors,
> because the GTY token is unknown. So I assume that I need to declare
> my new source file for GTY processing, although it only uses these
> only indirectly, correct?

I've tracked this down to the problem that the "machinery" doesn't build
the generated gt-foo header file for the new file. I've added dump-rtl.c
to GTFILES in gcc/Makefile.in and it's properly added to the autotooled
Makefile, but no gt-dump-rtl.h file is generated.
How can I manually trigger a "machinery" generation run for my new file,
so that I can debug what might be wrong?

Cheers,
        Moritz