* Re: Problem with German Umlaute
@ 2005-11-02 16:48 Bernd Klein
From: Bernd Klein @ 2005-11-02 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I am sorry, that I might have put you all on a wrong track.
The problem occurs in combination with the tcl-extension to my code. The pure
c++ part works fine with Umlaute.

* Re: Problem with German Umlaute
@ 2005-11-02 16:31 Bernd Klein
From: Bernd Klein @ 2005-11-02 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Thanks for your reply!

> Can you post an error message?
The error messages are the ones which I produce:
e.g.
  fp = fopen("Veränderung.txt","r");
  if (!fp) {
    cout << "couldn't read file " << filename << endl;
    return 1;
  }

In the above case, I would get the error message:
couldn't read file Veränderung.txt

It works fine with all filenames without Umlauts

> Does the problem affect file names or
> file data?
I haven't checked the content of files so far, but it affects the filenames

> What kind of files are you trying to access?
ASCII

* Problem with German Umlaute
@ 2005-11-02 14:40 Bernd Klein
From: Bernd Klein @ 2005-11-02 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,
since I've upgraded to SuSE 10.0 I have a problem with gcc (Version: gcc
version 4.0.2 20050901), while SuSE 9.3 used
gcc version 3.3.5 20050117 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)

I can't read and write anymore any files which contain German Umlaute.
I am using the compiler option:

COMPILER= g++ -encoding=utf-8 -fPIC -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -Wreturn-type
-ansi -pg -Wno-deprecated

I googled around a lot but couldn't find anything which worked.

I hope that somebody knows a solution for me!

Best wishes,

Bernd