* Creating a Windows dll in Linux?
@ 2006-07-26 14:00 michael.kropinski
From: michael.kropinski @ 2006-07-26 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

   I have a question in which I hope you can help.  I am trying to
   determine if it is possible to create a Windows dll in a Linux
   environment.  I have a great deal of C source code that is continually
   being developed in a Linux environment.  This code is compiled and
   linked using gcc.  Is it possible to create a Windows dll in Linux for
   this code?  Do I have to have a cross-compiler?  I was hoping to not
   have to compile the source code twice.  If I converted this code into a
   library (in Linux), are there tools available either for Linux or
   Windows that would convert the library to a Windows dll.  Any help (or
   insight) would be greatly appreciated.

   Thanks,

   Mike

* Re: Creating a Windows dll in Linux?
@ 2006-07-26 15:04 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2006-07-26 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: michael.kropinski, gcc-help

On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 09:59:46AM -0400, michael.kropinski@gm.com wrote:
>Is it possible to create a Windows dll in Linux for this code?

Yes.

>Do I have to have a cross-compiler?

Yes.  See http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/ for one example of tools available
for creating a cross-compiler

>I was hoping to not have to compile the source code twice.

Windows != Linux.  Your really do have to recompile.

>If I converted this code into a library (in Linux), are there tools
>available either for Linux or Windows that would convert the library to
>a Windows dll.

No.

cgf