* Mixing Fortran 77 and Fortran 90 code
@ 2006-07-31 17:43 victor marian
From: victor marian @ 2006-07-31 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help; +Cc: fortran

Sorry,

I found -fg77-calls on the web but it is for g95 not
gfortran.
I recompiled splib (Fortran77 code) with gfortran.

but when I write
gfortran -o fileexe file.f splib.a
it still does not work. Do I need an extra option?
What about -f2c? What does it mean?

--- Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 08:52:29AM -0700, victor
> marian wrote:
> >
> > I want to build a program called spherical.o
> (Fortran
> > 90 code) compiled with gfortran with a library
> splib.a
> > (Fortran 77 code) compiled with g77
> > I give the command
> >
> > gfortran -o sphericalexe spherical.o -gf77-calls
> > splib.a
> >
> > but it gives me o lot of errors as if the option
> > -gf77-calls were not recognised.
> > What could be the problem? Please Help.
>
> I suppose the problem is that there is no
> -gf77-calls
> option.  Of course, if you read the gfortran manual
> you would know this.
>
> The easiest thing to do is recompile splib.a with
> gfortran.
>
> --
> Steve

http://mail.yahoo.com

* Re: Mixing Fortran 77 and Fortran 90 code
@ 2006-07-31 20:32 ` Bud Davis
From: Bud Davis @ 2006-07-31 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: victor marian, gcc-help; +Cc: fortran

hi victor,

it is best if you can show the exact errors you are
getting.

does it not link or are the results of the program
execution not what you expect ?

regards,
bud davis

@ 2006-07-31 15:51 victor marian
From: victor marian @ 2006-07-31 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

I want to build a program called spherical.o (Fortran
90 code) compiled with gfortran with a library splib.a
(Fortran 77 code) compiled with g77
I give the command

gfortran -o sphericalexe spherical.o -gf77-calls
splib.a

but it gives me o lot of errors as if the option
-gf77-calls were not recognised.
What could be the problem? Please Help.
I am working under cygwin.

                                    Thank you