* The Regents of the University of California BSD-license in GPLed GCC.
@ 2007-12-08 11:31 J.C. Pizarro
From: J.C. Pizarro @ 2007-12-08 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, gcc-help

In GPLed GCC-4.1 branch appears a notice of BSD license
gcc/config/i386/gmon-sol2.c

 * Copyright (c) 1991 The Regents of the University of California.
 * All rights reserved.

   J.C.Pizarro sincerely ;)

* Re: The Regents of the University of California BSD-license in GPLed  GCC.
@ 2007-12-08 18:33 ` Toon Moene
From: Toon Moene @ 2007-12-08 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J.C. Pizarro; +Cc: gcc, gcc-help

J.C. Pizarro wrote:

> In GPLed GCC-4.1 branch appears a notice of BSD license
> gcc/config/i386/gmon-sol2.c
>
>  * Copyright (c) 1991 The Regents of the University of California.
>  * All rights reserved.

No doubt.  And in the mean time I'm listening to:

Title:   Bach: Prelude and Fugue in C, BWV 531
Artist:  Darren L. Slider
Genre:   Classical

Someone who performs the above Bach prelude and fugue on a house organ.
  Good enough for those who appreciate Bach, whatever, and not good
enough for those who prefer a church organ.

If you need a church organ, turn to the Regents of the Church of California.

--
Toon Moene - e-mail: toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl - phone: +31 346 214290
At home: http://moene.indiv.nluug.nl/~toon/

* Re: The Regents of the University of California BSD-license in GPLed GCC.
@ 2007-12-08 19:45 ` Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 2007-12-08 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J.C. Pizarro; +Cc: gcc, gcc-help

On Sat, Dec 08, 2007 at 12:31:43PM +0100, J.C. Pizarro wrote:
> In GPLed GCC-4.1 branch appears a notice of BSD license
> gcc/config/i386/gmon-sol2.c
>
>  * Copyright (c) 1991 The Regents of the University of California.
>  * All rights reserved.

And why are you sending this to both gcc and gcc-help?  This is
known, it is not news, and it is not a problem.