* Stricter requirements for function main signature
@ 2008-04-07 18:37 Ramon Bertran Monfort
From: Ramon Bertran Monfort @ 2008-04-07 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

I guess that this is the correct place to ask the following question.

I've built a crosstoolchain for building Cell binaries on a x86 platform.
The gcc version I used is gcc 4.3.0 . When I compile spu binaries with the
corresponding main function signature...

main(unsigned long long spe, unsigned long long argp, unsigned long long
envp)

... I get an error telling me that the main signature is not correct (the
first parameters must be and integer, etc...).

spumain.cpp:56: error: first argument of 'int main(long long unsigned int,
long long unsigned int, long long unsigned int)' should be 'int'
spumain.cpp:56: error: second argument of 'int main(long long unsigned int,
long long unsigned int, long long unsigned int)' should be 'char **'
spumain.cpp:56: error: third argument of 'int main(long long unsigned int,
long long unsigned int, long long unsigned int)' should probably be 'char
**'

I've seen in http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/gcc-4.3/porting_to.html that
C++ from version 4.3.0 has stricter requirements for function main
signature. How is supposed to work this on a Cell platform?

Thanks in advance,
Salut!