* getting gcc mailing list archives
@ 2008-06-25  8:52 Mojmir Svoboda
From: Mojmir Svoboda @ 2008-06-25  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

hello,

pardon my stupid question, but these gcc-get and gcc-thread.*@gcc.gnu.org
and similar commands - do they actually work?

i'd like to get for example messages from gcc mailing list's messages
from last 6 months.
or - are there archives in mbox format perhaps?

many thanks,
mojmir

* Re: getting gcc mailing list archives
       [not found] <20080630071800.GE12765@msvoboda>
@ 2008-06-30 12:02 ` Eus
From: Eus @ 2008-06-30 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Ho!

--- On Mon, 6/30/08, Mojmir Svoboda <mojmir.svoboda@illusionsoftworks.com> wrote:

> via web form,
> but my client was sending the requests as
> mojmir.svoboda@illusionsoftworks.com when i fixed this
> everything seems
> to be working.

I am glad to hear that!

> thanks for kicking me in the right direction! although i am
> quite
> ashamed that i had to take your time, i could find this
> myself, sorry
> for that :)

That's okay. We are here to help each other :)

> many thanks again,

Your welcome.

> mojmir

Best regards,
Eus

* Re: getting gcc mailing list archives
       [not found] <20080627131126.GA25372@msvoboda>
@ 2008-06-29  8:10 ` Eus
From: Eus @ 2008-06-29  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Ho!

I successfully got replies from gcc.gnu.org for the following requests:
gcc-get.147334_147339@gcc.gnu.org
gcc-get.147334_147434@gcc.gnu.org
gcc-get.147334_147433@gcc.gnu.org

I guess your e-mail is not registered at gcc@gcc.gnu.org.
In other words, the e-mail address with which you sent the request is not subscribed to gcc@gcc.gnu.org.

Please tell us if your e-mail address has already been subscribed to gcc@gcc.gnu.org and you still cannot retrieve anything with gcc-get.*@gcc.gnu.org so that we can debug the problem.

Best regards,
Eus

@ 2008-06-27  7:06 Eus
From: Eus @ 2008-06-27  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Ho!

--- On Wed, 6/25/08, "Mojmir Svoboda" <mojmir.svoboda@illusionsoftworks.com> wrote:

> hello,
>
> pardon my stupid question, but these gcc-get and gcc-thread.*@gcc.gnu.org
> and similar commands - do they actually work?

Yes, they are.

> i'd like to get for example messages from gcc mailing list's messages
> from last 6 months.

Browse the GCC mailing list archives first to find the starting archive ID of the first e-mail posted at the beginning of the last 6 months.
Then, send an empty e-mail to: gcc-get.[START]_[END]@gcc.gnu.org
But, beware that the maximum is 100 per request.

> or - are there archives in mbox format perhaps?

AFAIK, nope.

> many thanks,
> mojmir

Best regards,