* Problem with program :S
       [not found] <e1e4a91b0807171344x2de6244coa6ec11fb4bceadcc@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2008-07-18  2:17 ` Luis Molina
From: Luis Molina @ 2008-07-18  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello , I'm fixing a program for a guy that leave the company but I'm
having a lot of troubles.
 For example

 I have the class

 struct foo {
 int a;
 char b;
 }

 struct Y{
  fpos_t pos;
 struct foo RECORD;
 }

 well something like that, if I do this

 Y  * REC
 REC.pos=0L;
 if (REC.RECORD.a !='1')
 {
       REC.pos+= sizeof(foo);
      continue;
 }
 REC->pos=ftell(File);

 I have errors like

 error: no match for 'operator+='
 error: no match for 'operator=' in 'REC->Y::pos = ftell(((X*)this)->X::FD)

 All the errors come from the form he uses the equal, the ftell :S But
I dunno how to fix all

 I tried something like
 REC.pos+= (fpos_t) sizeof(foo);
 But I don't know if it give me the same result :S

 this one REC->pos=ftell(File) I don't know even how to fix it...

 Thanks 4 all!
 ^----^

* Re: Problem with program :S
@ 2008-07-18 11:54   ` Philipp Thomas
From: Philipp Thomas @ 2008-07-18 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

* Luis Molina (lufemo@gmail.com) [20080717 22:46]:

>  I have the class
>
>  struct foo {
>  int a;
>  char b;
>  }
>
>  struct Y{
>   fpos_t pos;
>  struct foo RECORD;
>  }
>
>  well something like that, if I do this
>
>  Y  * REC

Either make that

Y REC;

or Y *REC = new Y;

>  error: no match for 'operator+='
>  error: no match for 'operator=' in 'REC->Y::pos = ftell(((X*)this)->X::FD)

You fail to state on which paltform and with which version of g++ you're
getting these errors. Fixing the obvious errors in the code fragments you
posted, I don't get either errors or warnings with gcc 4.2.1. So please post
a complete test case that reproduces theses errors.

Philipp