* Fwd: Configuring and compile gcc-4.3.2/gcj/libgcj
@ 2009-01-20 19:39 Franklyn Simon
From: Franklyn Simon @ 2009-01-20 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

>Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 14:11:03 -0500
>To: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
>From: Franklyn Simon <franklynsimon@bellsouth.net>
>Subject: Fwd: Configuring and compile gcc-4.3.2/gcj/libgcj
>

>>Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 14:03:53 -0500
>>To: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
>>From: Franklyn Simon <franklynsimon@bellsouth.net>
>>Subject: Configuring and compile gcc-4.3.2/gcj/libgcj
>>
>>Hi
>>I get the following errors with the command make bootstrap
>>
>>configure: error: source directory already configured; run make
>>disclean there first.
>>  make[4] ***[configure-bfd] error 1
>>make[2]  ***[all-stage1-binutils] error 2
>>make [1] ***[Stage1-bubble] error 2
>>make ** [bootstrap ] error
>>
>>I cofigured and compiled the following in their own directories
>>which are subset of gcc-4.3.2 directory:
>>binutils-2.19
>>gmp-4.2.4
>>mpfr-2.3.2
>>gcc-java-4.3.2
>>
>>The target system is the same as the build.  I am using i686-pc on SLES9
>>I do not know what is the cause of these errors.  Can you help me.
>>
>>Thx

* Re: Fwd: Configuring and compile gcc-4.3.2/gcj/libgcj
       [not found] <200901201939.n0KJda0d003212@smtp.google.com>
@ 2009-01-21  1:43 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2009-01-21  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Franklyn Simon; +Cc: gcc-help

Franklyn Simon <franklynsimon@bellsouth.net> writes:

>>Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 14:11:03 -0500
>>To: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
>>From: Franklyn Simon <franklynsimon@bellsouth.net>
>>Subject: Fwd: Configuring and compile gcc-4.3.2/gcj/libgcj
>>

>>>Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 14:03:53 -0500
>>>To: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
>>>From: Franklyn Simon <franklynsimon@bellsouth.net>
>>>Subject: Configuring and compile gcc-4.3.2/gcj/libgcj
>>>
>>>Hi
>>>I get the following errors with the command make bootstrap
>>>
>>> configure: error: source directory already configured; run make
>>> disclean there first.
>>>  make[4] ***[configure-bfd] error 1
>>>make[2]  ***[all-stage1-binutils] error 2
>>>make [1] ***[Stage1-bubble] error 2
>>>make ** [bootstrap ] error
>>>
>>> I cofigured and compiled the following in their own directories
>>> which are subset of gcc-4.3.2 directory:
>>>binutils-2.19
>>>gmp-4.2.4
>>>mpfr-2.3.2
>>>gcc-java-4.3.2
>>>
>>>The target system is the same as the build.  I am using i686-pc on SLES9
>>>I do not know what is the cause of these errors.  Can you help me.

How did you run configure?  It looks like you ran ./configure.  Do not
do that; run configure in a different directory, as described in the
installation directory.  If you ever ran ./configure, throw away that
source directory and unpack the tarball again.

Ian

From: Franklyn Simon @ 2009-01-20 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help