* Re: Re: [BUG?] GCC inline assembler optimization issue
@ 2009-12-27  0:28 Dan Kruchinin
From: Dan Kruchinin @ 2009-12-27  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

As I wrote earlier, memory clobber didn't help, but there is an interesting thing:
I replaced description of the third argument of spin_lock function from "rI" to "r" and it fixed my problem.
AFAIK the only one thing "I" does and that is describing my argument as a constant in range 0 - 31.
I don't understand why it so radically changes generated code.

* Re: [BUG?] GCC inline assembler optimization issue
@ 2009-12-28  3:22 ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2009-12-28  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

On 12/26/2009 11:56 PM, Dan Kruchinin wrote:
> As I wrote earlier, memory clobber didn't help, but there is an interesting thing:
> I replaced description of the third argument of spin_lock function from "rI" to "r" and it fixed my problem.
> AFAIK the only one thing "I" does and that is describing my argument as a constant in range 0 - 31.
> I don't understand why it so radically changes generated code.

It doesn't.  Your problem is the missing clobber on Operand 1
in the asm in spin_unlock.

Andrew.