On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 14:35:48 -0400 Jeffrey Walton wrote: >>Hi All, >> >>I'm interested in writing test cases against c++ classes. For testing, >>I'd like everything to be public so I can call protected and private >>functions with bad data for negative test cases. >> >>I don't want to use friendship since its for testing only (it would >>pollute the interfaces). >> >>Is there a switch to force everything public? If not, how does one >>typically access the non-public stuff for testing? >> >>Jeff Define private to be public: gcc -Dprivate="public" That could produce compile time errors, but it does no harm to try it. Magnus