* about GCC dependencies cloog/ppl/isl
@ 2012-07-29 15:56 niXman
From: niXman @ 2012-07-29 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,

I produce MinGW builds already about a year. In builds are used
gmp+mpfr+mpc+ppl+cloog. Now I can not remember why I use ppl, and on
the basis of what documentation I have come to this.
Accidentally have I read the list of prerequisites for GCC and found
that there is not a word about ppl, but says only about cloog and isl.
But, nevertheless, I configure GCC using the option '--with-ppl', and
my builds depend on libppl_c-4.dll.
Therefore, I want to find out do I need to use ppl? Is there any
difference what to use - ppl or cloog+isl? What is the difference?

Thanks.

--
Regards,
niXman

* Re: about GCC dependencies cloog/ppl/isl
@ 2012-07-29 17:40 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2012-07-29 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: niXman; +Cc: gcc-help

On 29 July 2012 16:56, niXman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I produce MinGW builds already about a year. In builds are used
> gmp+mpfr+mpc+ppl+cloog. Now I can not remember why I use ppl, and on
> the basis of what documentation I have come to this.
> Accidentally have I read the list of prerequisites for GCC and found
> that there is not a word about ppl, but says only about cloog and isl.
> But, nevertheless, I configure GCC using the option '--with-ppl', and
> my builds depend on libppl_c-4.dll.
> Therefore, I want to find out do I need to use ppl? Is there any
> difference what to use - ppl or cloog+isl? What is the difference?

Until recently the optional Graphite loop optimisations required cloog
and ppl. Now trunk requires cloog and isl instead, so you can stop
using ppl on trunk.

* Re: about GCC dependencies cloog/ppl/isl
@ 2012-07-29 17:42   ` niXman
From: niXman @ 2012-07-29 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

2012/7/29 Jonathan Wakely:

> Until recently the optional Graphite loop optimisations required cloog
> and ppl. Now trunk requires cloog and isl instead, so you can stop
> using ppl on trunk.

I understand.
Thank you!

--

@ 2012-07-29 17:55   ` niXman
From: niXman @ 2012-07-29 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

2012/7/29 Jonathan Wakely:
> Until recently the optional Graphite loop optimisations required cloog
> and ppl. Now trunk requires cloog and isl instead, so you can stop
> using ppl on trunk.

The last question.
gcc-4_6-branch and the gcc-4_7-branch can be builded using cloog+isl?
Or only with ppl?

Thanks.

--

@ 2012-07-29 19:11     ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2012-07-29 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: niXman; +Cc: gcc-help

On 29 July 2012 18:55, niXman wrote:
> 2012/7/29 Jonathan Wakely:
>> Until recently the optional Graphite loop optimisations required cloog
>> and ppl. Now trunk requires cloog and isl instead, so you can stop
>> using ppl on trunk.
>
> The last question.
> gcc-4_6-branch and the gcc-4_7-branch can be builded using cloog+isl?
> Or only with ppl?

I think they still need cloog + ppl, although I could be wrong.

* Re: about GCC dependencies cloog/ppl/isl
@ 2012-07-29 22:40       ` Ryan Hill
From: Ryan Hill @ 2012-07-29 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help