* Relocations in generic ELF (EM: 44)
@ 2009-04-01  7:24 u0606029
From: u0606029 @ 2009-04-01  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

I am compiling an (embedded) application, that is originally meant for
running on the TriCore, using GCC. I get this error: Relocations in generic
ELF (EM: 44) in the object file and that the "symbols could not be read":
File in wrong format error. Has anyone experienced this before?

This program, however, compiles when tricore-gcc is used.

Thanks,
RV

* Re: Relocations in generic ELF (EM: 44)
@ 2009-04-01 14:56 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2009-04-01 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u0606029; +Cc: gcc-help

u0606029 <surajraghavendran@gmail.com> writes:

> I am compiling an (embedded) application, that is originally meant for
> running on the TriCore, using GCC. I get this error: Relocations in generic
> ELF (EM: 44) in the object file and that the "symbols could not be read":
> File in wrong format error. Has anyone experienced this before?
>
> This program, however, compiles when tricore-gcc is used.

What are you doing when you get that error?

It sounds like may be running a version of objdump which does not
include support for your target.  Try using tricore-elf-objdump.

Since TriCore is not part of an FSF release, you will most likely get
better support by contacting the vendor who supplied the compiler.

Ian