* Relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_PLTREL24 against symbol  '__deregister_frame_info' defined in .text section in /path_to_lib/libgcc.a
@ 2009-12-08 21:00 Jeffi Edward.J
From: Jeffi Edward.J @ 2009-12-08 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

While linking a huge application using powerpc-eabi cross toolchain , GNU
linker issues the following error.

/path_to_lib/crtbegin.o: In function '__do_global_dtors_aux'
crtstuff.c(.text+0x80): relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_PLTREL24 against
symbol '__deregister_frame_info' defined in .text section in
/path_to_lib/libgcc.a

Similar errors occur in application code as well as libc.a.

Along with the above error, the following error also occurs.
unknown relocation type 188 for symbol .frame_info.

When I searched in google, I found that -mlongcall as one of the options
suggested to avoid the problem. When I compiled the application using
-mlongcall, error doesnt occur from application but still thrown from
libc.a, libgcc.a and crtbegin.o.

Could anyone please suggest how to overcome this problem?

best regards,
Jeffi

--
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/Relocation-truncated-to-fit%3A-R_PPC_PLTREL24-against-symbol-%27__deregister_frame_info%27-defined-in-.text-section-in--path_to_lib-libgcc.a-tp26688851p26688851.html

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-12-08  5:12 UTC | newest]