* How to get the ".file and filename" section in assembly file.
@ 2010-02-02 10:04 Prashant Purohit
From: Prashant Purohit @ 2010-02-02 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi all,

        I am porting GCC to a new dummy architecture and I am successful to
get the required assembly file from cc1 but that assembly file does not
contain the ".file" section and filename as it was there in all other GCC
ported targets.

        Please, tell me if there is any function or macro to do this as I
was not able to find it in GCC Internals.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant.

* Re: How to get the ".file and filename" section in assembly file.
@ 2010-02-02 10:53 ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2010-02-02 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

On 02/02/2010 10:01 AM, Prashant Purohit wrote:

>         I am porting GCC to a new dummy architecture and I am successful to
> get the required assembly file from cc1 but that assembly file does not
> contain the ".file" section and filename as it was there in all other GCC
> ported targets.
>
>         Please, tell me if there is any function or macro to do this as I
> was not able to find it in GCC Internals.

If I wanted to know that, I'd just use gdb to step through until the ".file"
was emitted.  Why don't you do that?

Andrew.

* Re: How to get the ".file and filename" section in assembly file.
@ 2010-02-02 11:11   ` Rajiv KI
From: Rajiv KI @ 2010-02-02 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Andrew Haley wrote:

> On 02/02/2010 10:01 AM, Prashant Purohit wrote:
>>
>>         I am porting GCC to a new dummy architecture and I am successful
>> get the required assembly file from cc1 but that assembly file does not
>> contain the ".file" section and filename as it was there in all other GCC
>> ported targets.
>>
>>         Please, tell me if there is any function or macro to do this as I
>> was not able to find it in GCC Internals.
>
> If I wanted to know that, I'd just use gdb to step through until the
> ".file"
> was emitted.  Why don't you do that?
>
> Andrew.

Hi,

Look into the macros TARGET_ASM_FILE_START,
TARGET_ASM_FILE_START_FILE_DIRECTIVE, TARGET_ASM_FILE_START_APP_OFF.

Rajiv