public inbox for gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
* Re: GCC V10.3 compiler issue.
       [not found] <MW5PR10MB585199A1111EC88D94EA1D3C82519@MW5PR10MB5851.namprd10.prod.outlook.com>
@ 2022-09-23  7:39 ` Iain Sandoe
From: Iain Sandoe @ 2022-09-23  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gade, Naresh (Coral Springs); +Cc: gcc-help

Hello Naresh,

> On 23 Sep 2022, at 01:40, Gade, Naresh (Coral Springs) <naresh.gade@Fiserv.com> wrote:

> We have downloaded GCC V10.3 compiler on our AIX server but we noticed a weird thing about the size of object files for certain source files.
>
> When tried to dump the object file, we noticed the DATA segment in the file is a large chunk of NULLS and it is eating lot of memory space.

GCC is a large project, with different folks handling different parts of the compiler; I am not the right person to answer an AIX question (although I can say that what you report might not necessarily be unexpected depending on the code you were compiling).

====

1. If you are looking for help in using GCC the right place to post a question is here:

gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org (I’ve already CC’d in this reply).

2. If you think that there is a bug in GCC then please follow the guidelines here:

https://gcc.gnu.org/bugs/

Your message above does not have enough information for a developer to figure out if it represents a genuine issue.

HTH,
Iain

> Regards,
> Naresh Gade
> NFE Debit gateway development

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-09-23  7:39 UTC | newest]