* ftree-vectorize flag
@ 2011-02-26 13:23 vahagvahag
From: vahagvahag @ 2011-02-26 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

sorry for bad English((

i want to know, if the flag ftree-vectorize turns on some other
optimization??

for example m the flag O3 automatic turns on some other
flags(finline-functions , and others)

so if the flag ftree-vectorize turns on some other flags, and where i can
read about it?

* Re: ftree-vectorize flag
@ 2011-02-26 14:35 ` Ira Rosen
From: Ira Rosen @ 2011-02-26 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vahagvahag; +Cc: gcc-help

gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org wrote on 26/02/2011 09:48:59 AM:

> sorry for bad English((
>
> i want to know, if the flag ftree-vectorize turns on some other
> optimization??

It turns on tree-level if-conversion (controlled by -ftree-loop-if-convert
starting from 4.6), and basic block vectorization -ftree-slp-vectorize
documented here
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.5.2/gcc/Optimize-Options.html#Optimize-Options
.

Ira

> for example m the flag O3 automatic turns on some other
> flags(finline-functions , and others)
>
> so if the flag ftree-vectorize turns on some other flags, and where i can
> read about it?
> --

* Re: ftree-vectorize flag
@ 2011-02-26 14:44   ` vahagvahag
From: vahagvahag @ 2011-02-26 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

there is no  ftree-no-if-convert flaf in GCC((

* Re: ftree-vectorize flag
@ 2011-02-26 15:03     ` Ira Rosen
From: Ira Rosen @ 2011-02-26 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vahagvahag; +Cc: gcc-help

gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org wrote on 26/02/2011 04:35:40 PM:

> there is no  ftree-no-if-convert flaf in GCC((

As I wrote before, it was added in GCC 4.6:

2010-07-08  Sebastian Pop  <sebastian.pop@amd.com>

        * common.opt (ftree-loop-if-convert): New flag.
        * doc/invoke.texi (ftree-loop-if-convert): Documented.
        * tree-if-conv.c (gate_tree_if_conversion): Enable if-conversion
        when flag_tree_loop_if_convert is set.

Ira

> --

* Re: ftree-vectorize flag
@ 2011-02-26 20:04       ` vahagvahag
From: vahagvahag @ 2011-02-26 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Thanks)))

In my case the flag ftree-vectorize don't do any vectorization(I am working
in armV7 beagle board), but the application running time performs!

how can it be? I don't understand((