* RE: RedHat 7.3 hung process during compile
@ 2004-02-21 23:38 lrtaylor
From: lrtaylor @ 2004-02-21 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dhighley, gcc-help

David,

Are you compiling on NFS mounted shares?  We've seen problems like this
that, I believe, were due to NFS issues related to the automounter.  To
be honest, I don't know if we really tracked down and solved the
problem, but if this is along your alley, I can ask around and see...

Cheers,
Lyle

From: David.Carter-Hitchin @ 2004-02-23  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Foskey; +Cc: gcc-help

Hi,

Sorry I can really add anything specific, but I would try to halve the
problem by running a series of tests - does it happen on a different O/S
compiling the same code (or vice-versa)?  Or with a different gcc? If it is
intermittent then it could well be hardware as pointed out below, but it
could conceivably be due to other factors on that machine - I'd therefore
want to test with the same code and compiler on another machine.  Boeing
surely must have an alternative host to run this on - they're big enough ;-)
Doing such tests should reveal where the problem lies.

Sorry, you've probably thought of all that already..

Cheers,

David Carter-Hitchin,
GSD-Risk-IT, UBS Investment Bank

@ 2004-02-22  0:34 ` Ken Foskey