* RE: string class
@ 2004-06-04 18:42 lrtaylor
From: lrtaylor @ 2004-06-04 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: verleyen.wim, gcc-help

Do this instead:

#include <string>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
	string s1("hello world");

	return 0;
}

Make sure you compile it with g++.

Cheers,
Lyle

-----Original Message-----
From: gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org [mailto:gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org] On
Behalf Of Wim Verleyen
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 12:08 PM
To: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: string class

Hello,

I try to compile following C++ program on gcc/g++ version 3.3.

include<string.h>

int main()
{
	string s1("hello world");

	return 0;
}

make gives me:

-  string undeclared (first use in this function)....

plz help me...

Wim

* Re: string class
@ 2004-06-06 20:33   ` Chris Wolstenholme
From: Chris Wolstenholme @ 2004-06-06 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: llewelly; +Cc: gcc-help

Yes, I definitely do! That's what happens when you Cut and Paste without
paying attention! :-)

Chris

From: llewelly @ 2004-06-05 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Wolstenholme; +Cc: gcc-help

"Chris Wolstenholme" <chris@blueband.demon.co.uk> writes:

> You need to specify the namespace for the string (which happens to be std).
>
> There are two options:
>
> include<string.h>

You mean '#include<string>' , without the '.h'

>  int main()
> {
>   std::string s1("hello world");
>
>  return 0;
> }
[snip]

* Re: string class
@ 2004-06-04 18:45 Chris Wolstenholme

> I try to compile following C++ program on gcc/g++ version 3.3.
>
> include<string.h>
>
> int main()
> {
> string s1("hello world");
>
> return 0;
> }
>
> make gives me:
>
> -  string undeclared (first use in this function)....
>
> plz help me...
>
> Wim

* string class
@ 2004-06-04 18:08 Wim Verleyen