* RE: gcc-installation
@ 2004-10-15 16:38 lrtaylor
From: lrtaylor @ 2004-10-15 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sarala_mys, gcc-help

Sarala,

There is probably a GCC package that came with your copy of Linux.  You
should install that.  Not knowing what version of Linux you are using,
it's hard to help you beyond that.  But you should look on your Linux
CD's for the GCC packages and take a look at your Linux distribution's
documentation to see how to install the packages.

Thanks,
Lyle

From: Monika Chaddha @ 2004-10-15 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Sarala G', gcc-help; +Cc: acmet

Hello,

Pls chk the site www.gcc.gnu.org

Download the latest source from mirror site

http://gcc.gnu.org/mirrors.html

The following is the main page to understand "how to install gcc"

//gcc.gnu.org/install

This describes the generic installation procedure for GCC as well as
detailing some target specific installation instructions.

and following are its related links which are essential to read to
understand installation process.

//gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html
//gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html
//gcc.gnu.org/install/build.html
//gcc.gnu.org/install/finalinstall.html

I hope that it will help u.