* RE: installing g++
@ 2004-12-27 17:39 lrtaylor
From: lrtaylor @ 2004-12-27 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: drim, gcc-help

If you're using Linux, GCC (and hence g++) should come with your
distribution, either on your installation CDs or from the
vendor's/maintainer's web site.

Lyle

From: Ken Foskey @ 2004-12-29  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc help

On Fri, 2004-12-24 at 17:04 -0800, Daniel Jun Rim wrote:
> Hi,
> I was trying to learn how to program C over this winter, and when I installed Intel C++ compiler,

You do not need both.  If you want intel C++ for a specific reason then
look for support from them.

> it said that it could not find g++ anywhere. So I've tried to install g++ on my linux, and I just

Your Linux distribution should have a package for gcc (for C) or g++
(for c++) you might want to start there, start your package system and
install it.  It is easier and more reliable than doing it yourself.

--
Ken Foskey
OpenOffice.org developer

* installing g++