* problem in compiling c files
@ 2000-08-20 20:58 saravanan
From: saravanan @ 2000-08-20 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

hello,

          I have used ur GNU c compiler (version 2.8.0) to give warnings

    when the source statements contains divide operator(The input file
    being used is .c file). This thing works perfectly with win 95 or
win
    98. But for windows NT if the input .c file length is greater than 8

    characters it says "No such file or directory" . Eight characters
    means excluding the file extension part (dot c ).

     Please send me the solution ASAP for how to compile  dot c files
    (using gcc.exe) with more than 8 characters in windows NT
environment.

    my mail id

                  vdo@utopia.hclt.com

    bye.

* Re: problem in compiling c files
@ 2000-08-21 20:49 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2000-08-21 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: saravanan; +Cc: help-gcc

On Aug 21, 2000, saravanan <vdo@utopia.hclt.com> wrote:

>     being used is .c file). This thing works perfectly with win 95 or win
>     98. But for windows NT if the input .c file length is greater than 8
>     characters it says "No such file or directory".

Interesting.  It seems like this port of GCC you got doesn't support
Windows NT; maybe it is a DOS port.  How about trying Cygwin?

* Re: problem in compiling c files
@ 2000-08-22  1:28   ` Andris Pavenis
From: Andris Pavenis @ 2000-08-22  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre Oliva; +Cc: saravanan, help-gcc

On 22 Aug 2000, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Aug 21, 2000, saravanan <vdo@utopia.hclt.com> wrote:
>
> >     being used is .c file). This thing works perfectly with win 95 or win
> >     98. But for windows NT if the input .c file length is greater than 8
> >     characters it says "No such file or directory".
>
> Interesting.  It seems like this port of GCC you got doesn't support
> Windows NT; maybe it is a DOS port.  How about trying Cygwin?

I suspect this is DJGPP port of gcc as it supports long file names (more than
8+3) on Win9[58] but not WinNT (WinNT doesn't prowide LFN API for DOS programs,
however it's possible to add it with special driver ...)

Andris

* Re: problem in compiling c files
@ 2000-08-23  8:04 saravanan
From: saravanan @ 2000-08-23  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc, bug-gcc, bug-gcc

hai everybody,
       yesterday i went to the faq sugested by "andris". There i
downloaded the special driver for the DJGPP
and installed in my system . Now its working(Now NT supports LFN).
Thanks a lot .

bye