* Looking for old release sources
@ 2000-10-08  3:17 Andrew Cannon
From: Andrew Cannon @ 2000-10-08  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I hope this is the right list for this question - if not could someone
point me in the right direction...

I need to get the source tarballs for releases 2.3.3 and 2.6.2 of gcc,
but the gnu ftp sites and mirrors only have patches to generate these
from earlier releases.

The catch is, the earlier tarballs are not there either...

- I can get to 2.6.2 from 2.6.0, but 2.6.0 is not available
- I can get to 2.3.3 from 2.0 or 2.2, neither of which is available

Can anyone explain what is going on here and/or help me to retrieve
these sources?

Many thanks,
Andrew

* Re: Looking for old release sources
@ 2000-10-09 21:57 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2000-10-09 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Cannon; +Cc: gcc-help

On Oct  8, 2000, Andrew Cannon <ajc@gmx.net> wrote:

> I need to get the source tarballs for releases 2.3.3 and 2.6.2 of gcc,
> but the gnu ftp sites and mirrors only have patches to generate these
> from earlier releases.

Get newer releases and use patch -R.

* Re: Looking for old release sources
@ 2000-10-10  1:55   ` Andrew Cannon
From: Andrew Cannon @ 2000-10-10  1:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Ah, thanks. That allows me to get 2.6.2 by reverse patching from
2.7.2.1.

But there's still no way to get to 2.3.3 from either side. The patches
stop after 2.3.3 and continue with 2.4.0....!

Has anyone out there got copies of the older releases that are missing
from the ftp server?

Andrew