From: sherry <sherry@zeroknowledge.com>
To: aaboulhosn@entpm2.prod.fedex.com, gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Problem In compiling C++ codes
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 10:56:00 -0000	[thread overview]

aaboulhosn@entpm2.prod.fedex.com wrote:

> I appreciate your response.
>
>   1)   I  Tried to put  the whole path in my C++ program like this:
>         #include   <path directory for my header file/iostream.h>
>
>    and tried to compile, it does not work.
>   is there any other way, to include the path  name ?

Check the PATH environment variable:
    echo $PATH should give you that , you can modify it also.
If you are using bash like me and type env at console then you can
see all variables and path is there.
else check the man pages for your shell

>  2)  If I have  an : a.out     execuatble file
>        when I type:  a.out     It does not find the link library

this problem can be related to the path also.

>  3)  what is the extension for the source file , in C++ and how to compile
> it ?

man g++ will help you :)

>        I know  for my C program, example:
>
> filename.c