* build gcc with a name change, but not the symlink option
@ 2001-10-06  4:21 Sam Halliday
From: Sam Halliday @ 2001-10-06  4:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

hello,

i am trying to build gcc 2.95.3 on my Mandrake 8.1, it builds perfectly, but
one small thing....

i want to build the new compiler with a change in name, can i install the
new gcc under the name "sgcc", and the same with g++ as "sg++" etc. (like
the way mandrake install egcs under the name kgcc, kg++ etc.)

i have tried very hard to do this with the --prefix-program and
--program-transformname options, but to no avail, coudl somebody please shed
some light on the matter,

also, i dont want to do the symlink option, it doesnt really appeal to me.

thanks for your help

Sam, Ireland
--
there are three truths in life: you are born, you will die, and things
change. ok, maybe one more: everyone has their stella, and when they do, no

* Re: build gcc with a name change, but not the symlink option
@ 2001-10-08 17:25 ` Michael Eager
From: Michael Eager @ 2001-10-08 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sam Halliday; +Cc: gcc-help

Sam Halliday wrote:

> hello,
>
> i am trying to build gcc 2.95.3 on my Mandrake 8.1, it builds perfectly, but
> one small thing....
>
> i want to build the new compiler with a change in name, can i install the
> new gcc under the name "sgcc", and the same with g++ as "sg++" etc. (like
> the way mandrake install egcs under the name kgcc, kg++ etc.)
>
> i have tried very hard to do this with the --prefix-program and
> --program-transformname options, but to no avail, coudl somebody please shed
> some light on the matter,

Try --program-transform-name=s,^,g,

This will prefix all of the program names with a 'g'.

--
Michael Eager     eager@mvista.com	408-328-8426
MontaVista Software, Inc. 1237 E. Arques Ave., Sunnyvale, CA  94085