* compiling pro C programs
@ 2001-10-27  6:55 Bhaskar
From: Bhaskar @ 2001-10-27  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi!

    I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post this
request.But i'm desperate to get help somehow.

    I'm having trouble compiling pro C files on my linux
machine.Whenever i run the precompiler for compiling any of my pro C
programs, i'm getting errors like

Syntax error at line 48, column 3, file /usr/include/bits/pthreadtypes.h:
Error at line 48, column 3 in file /usr/include/bits/pthreadtypes.h
   size_t __guardsize;
..1
PCC-S-02201, Encountered the symbol "size_t" when expecting one of the
following
:

    } char, const, double, enum, float, int, long, ulong_varchar,
    OCIBFileLocator OCIBlobLocator, OCIClobLocator, OCIDateTime,
    OCIExtProcContext, OCIInterval, OCIRowid, OCIDate, OCINumber,
    OCIRaw, OCIString, short, signed, sql_context, sql_cursor,
    struct, union, unsigned, utext, uvarchar, varchar, void,
    volatile, a typedef name,
The symbol "enum," was substituted for "size_t" to continue.

Syntax error at line 72, column 5, file /usr/include/wchar.h:
Error at line 72, column 5 in file /usr/include/wchar.h
     wint_t __wch;
....1
PCC-S-02201, Encountered the symbol "wint_t" when expecting one of the
following
:

    char, const, double, enum, float, int, long, ulong_varchar,
    OCIBFileLocator OCIBlobLocator, OCIClobLocator, OCIDateTime,
    OCIExtProcContext, OCIInterval, OCIRowid, OCIDate, OCINumber,
    OCIRaw, OCIString, short, signed, sql_context, sql_cursor,
    struct, union, unsigned, utext, uvarchar, varchar, void,
    volatile, a typedef name,
The symbol "enum," was substituted for "wint_t" to continue.

Syntax error at line 102, column 3, file /usr/include/gconv.h:
Error at line 102, column 3 in file /usr/include/gconv.h
   __gconv_trans_fct __trans_fct;
..1
PCC-S-02201, Encountered the symbol "__gconv_trans_fct" when expecting
one of th
e following:

    char, const, double, enum, float, int, long, ulong_varchar,
    OCIBFileLocator OCIBlobLocator, OCIClobLocator, OCIDateTime,
    OCIExtProcContext, OCIInterval, OCIRowid, OCIDate, OCINumber,
    OCIRaw, OCIString, short, signed, sql_context, sql_cursor,
    struct, union, unsigned, utext, uvarchar, varchar, void,
    volatile, a typedef name,

Basically the precompiler is not getting definitions for types like
size_t, wchar_t, wint_t etc..

Can someone please tell me how i can compile my proC programs on
linux?Is there any include file that i'm missing in my proc command?
Following is the proc command that i've given for compiling a .pc file.

proc userid=eltpca/eltpca01@eltdev sqlcheck=semantics dbms=v7
mode=oracle unsafe_null=yes include=/elthome/src/incl
include=/elthome/src/incl/hps include=/usr/include
include=/usr/include/linux
include=/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.96/include
include=/elthome/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/precomp/public
icici_get_business_date.pc

I'm having Oracle 8.1.7 client software installed on Redhat 7.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Bhaskar.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-10-27  6:55 UTC | newest]