* Building gcc for uclinux (arm)
@ 2001-10-29  0:31 Adrian von Bidder
From: Adrian von Bidder @ 2001-10-29  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Greets everybody!

I'm trying to build a gcc for uclinux with the arm(7tdmi). I'm a little
bit lost - apparently, I can't just take the same target name as with
gcc-2.96:

[avbidder@atlas build-gcc]$ ../gcc-3.0.2/configure
--prefix=/home/avbidder/gcc-3 -target=arm-uclinux --with-cpu=arm7tdmi
--enable-languages=c
Configuring for a i686-pc-linux-gnu host.
Invalid configuration `arm-uclinux': system `uclinux' not recognized
Unrecognized target system name arm-uclinux.

Using arm-linux-uclinux works but does not use the uclinux specific
files in gcc/config/arm (it uses unknown-elf instead of uclinux-elf.h).
Somehow this does lead to a missing __data_start when linking uclinux
kernel.

(Of course, this error could be from a faulty binutils build, too - I'm
looking for answers there, too).

Griessli
-- vbi

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-10-29  0:31 UTC | newest]