Madan Mohan Jampani wrote: > Hi, > I have a problem linking a library archive with the gcc > I have a program the uses the library "liblug.a" > I put this archive in /usr/local/lib ( I put this path in /etc/ld.so.conf and ran ldconfig ) > The program uses a function read_gif_file() present in this library.. > I try to link using -llug. > But I get a error saying undefined reference to read_gif_file(). > I did a nm -s /usr/local/lib/liblug.a | grep liblug.a > and found the function in there.... > > Please tell me what else I need to check > > Thanks > Madan. > > > > Get 250 color business cards for FREE! > http://businesscards.lycos.com/vp/fastpath/ ... hmmm, ... I thought all the time, that ``ldconfig'' is used for dynamic libs. ... add the ``-L /usr/local/lib'' to your command line. ( see info gcc -> Invoking -> Linker Options ) Hope this helps Frank