* Questions about fortran-related gcc upgrade
@ 2001-11-05 21:46 Marc Levrier
From: Marc Levrier @ 2001-11-05 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

Hello,
(Your GCC web page is really good and efficient, BTW)
I'm reading (and experiencing) that gcc/fortran does not
support STRUCTURE, RECORD and MAP statements. Do you plan
to handle these in a near future ? In case not, what would
you advise ? I need to know because I am porting a cutomer's
app which makes a significant use of each of these statements.
Thanks in advance.
MARC LEVRIER                                                    GHILDE
Directeur Technique                      195 Avenue du Général Leclerc
Technical Manager                              78220 Viroflay - France
mailto:ml@ghilde.com                      Phone : +33 (0)1 30 83 27 40
www.ghilde.com                            Fax   : +33 (0)1 30 83 27 49

* Re: Questions about fortran-related gcc upgrade
@ 2001-11-06 21:01 ` Toon Moene
From: Toon Moene @ 2001-11-06 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marc Levrier; +Cc: help-gcc

Marc Levrier wrote:

> (Your GCC web page is really good and efficient, BTW)
> I'm reading (and experiencing) that gcc/fortran does not
> support STRUCTURE, RECORD and MAP statements. Do you plan
> to handle these in a near future ? In case not, what would
> you advise ? I need to know because I am porting a cutomer's
> app which makes a significant use of each of these statements.

I have to be the messenger of bad news: The chance that STRUCTURE,
RECORD and MAP will be supported by g77 is close to nil.

You're better off choosing one of the closed-source (and non-gratis)
Fortran offerings.  You don't write which OS your porting to, but for
Linux there are quite a few choices in compilers.

Hope this helps,