* 64 bit gcc compiler
@ 2002-01-10 14:11 ccroswhite
From: ccroswhite @ 2002-01-10 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Is there a 64 gcc compiler for Solaris?  I current have something from
sunfreeware.com, but it seems to be having problems with some of our
code, so I need an upgrade.  I checked gcc webpage which states that no
gcc3.x supports 64 bit?!?!

TIA,

Chris Croswhite

* RE: 64 bit gcc compiler
@ 2002-01-11  6:19 hemarko
From: hemarko @ 2002-01-11  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rupert Wood; +Cc: gcc-help

I have been successful building and running gcc-3.0.3 on Solaris 7 and 8
in 64 bit mode.  The main problem that I found was fixed with the 3.0.3
bug release.  The method required is to explicitly configure for
sparcv9-sun-solaris2.8 (for example) rather than the default configure
which builds for sparc-sun-solaris2.8 (which is 32 bit only mode).

If you cannot wait for 3.1 and cannot get the CVS sources to build,
3.0.3 does appear to be useable for the interim.

--

Said the fox to the fish, "Join me ashore."
The fish are the Jews, Torah is our water.

Hillel (Sabba) Markowitz - sabbahem@bcpl.net

* RE: 64 bit gcc compiler
       [not found] <616BE6A276E3714788D2AC35C40CD18D2C54B8@whale.softwire.co.uk>
@ 2002-01-11  0:18 ` Rupert Wood
From: Rupert Wood @ 2002-01-11  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ccroswhite; +Cc: gcc-help

Chris Croswhite wrote:

> Is there a 64 gcc compiler for Solaris?  I current have something
> from sunfreeware.com, but it seems to be having problems with some
> of our code, so I need an upgrade.  I checked gcc webpage which
> states that no gcc3.x supports 64 bit?!?!

No, the 3.0x series doesn't support 64 bit sparc but 3.1+ will.

3.1 has currently entered stage 3 of the development plan (bug fixing) -
you can obtain development source from CVS as described on the GCC
website.

Rup.