* cpp in fortran
@ 2002-02-11  7:05 Ganesh Ramakrishnan
From: Ganesh Ramakrishnan @ 2002-02-11  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

sir,
         Will you please explain me how to drfine
function like macros in Fortran linux? I am using cpp
for getting the line number & file name of a
particular function. After that i am not able to
compile it using g77. The problem is i think, cpp is
not supporting the fixed format.
I am defining this macro in a header file & including
it in fortran source file using #include.

#define fun(x) fun(x, __LINE__, __FILE__)

But in the output file, that particular line is going
beyont the 72 columns & because of that i am not able
to compile using g77.

 Will you please suggest one method to get out of it?

      Expecting earliest reply.

           Thanking you,
                              R.Ganesh

http://greetings.yahoo.com

* Re: cpp in fortran
@ 2002-02-11 16:26 ` Toon Moene
From: Toon Moene @ 2002-02-11 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ganesh Ramakrishnan; +Cc: gcc-help

Ganesh Ramakrishnan wrote:

> I am defining this macro in a header file & including
> it in fortran source file using #include.
>
> #define fun(x) fun(x, __LINE__, __FILE__)
>
> But in the output file, that particular line is going
> beyont the 72 columns & because of that i am not able
> to compile using g77.

You could use the -ffixed-line-length-N option on the g77 command line
(where N is maximum length of the source lines you want to use; N=0
means: infinite).

Hope this helps,

* cpp in fortran
@ 2003-06-23  5:03   ` Ganesh Ramakrishnan
From: Ganesh Ramakrishnan @ 2003-06-23  5:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Toon Moene; +Cc: gcc-help

Hi,

 I am defining this macro in a header file &
 including it in fortran source file using #include.

 #define fun(x) fun(x, __LINE__, __FILE__)

 But in the output file, that particular line is
 going
 beyont the 72 columns & it is not taking care of the
new line symbol '$' in fortran source code. It is
taking care of new line character with cpp which comes
with gcc-2.81 & gcc-2.95.
But in the new version (gcc-3.2) it gives the above
problem.

Can you please help me out in this.

              Thanking you,
                           Ganesh R

http://sbc.yahoo.com

* Re: cpp in fortran
@ 2003-06-23 19:56     ` Toon Moene
From: Toon Moene @ 2003-06-23 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ganesh Ramakrishnan; +Cc: gcc-help

Ganesh Ramakrishnan wrote:

>  I am defining this macro in a header file &
>  including it in fortran source file using #include.
>
>  #define fun(x) fun(x, __LINE__, __FILE__)
>
>  But in the output file, that particular line is
>  going
>  beyont the 72 columns & it is not taking care of the
> new line symbol '$' in fortran source code. It is
> taking care of new line character with cpp which comes
> with gcc-2.81 & gcc-2.95.
> But in the new version (gcc-3.2) it gives the above
> problem.

Could you send me the source code - I cannot deduce what's wrong from
this description.

GNU Fortran 95: http://gcc-g95.sourceforge.net/ (under construction)