* Enabling g++ large file support - Solaris 2.7
@ 2002-03-21  5:28 Jason Elbaum
From: Jason Elbaum @ 2002-03-21  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Is it possible to configure gcc-2.95.2 to support large file I/O (>2GB)
in C++?

I'm running Solaris 2.7. Compiling the object files with `getconf
LFS_CFLAGS` successfully enables large file support for C's I/O
functions (fopen, etc), but I can't manage to open large files with
C++'s fstream classes.

I've tried rebuilding the compiler libraries with the LFS flags, but it
didn't seem to help.

Is this a known problem? Is there a known solution? Reverting to C I/O
isn't an option, and upgrading to gcc-3.0 would cause compatibility
problems for us (would it even help?).

I'd appreciate any tips people might have.

Thanks,

Jason Elbaum
Jason.Elbaum@motorola.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-03-21 13:28 UTC | newest]