* long long int on alpha
@ 2002-05-31 11:48 Segher Boessenkool
From: Segher Boessenkool @ 2002-05-31 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,

On the Alpha, gcc makes long long int be 64 bits.  While this is
fine with C99, it does not agree with the GCC documentation
(which calls long long int support "double word arithmetic").

I guess this is fine for most applications using long long int.

I need a  long * long -> "twice as long"  multiply though.
How can I get one?  I'd prefer a (portable over gcc targets) way;
I'd hate to special-case Alpha for this.

Segher

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-05-31 18:48 UTC | newest]