* problems of installing gcc on irix 6.5.
@ 2002-06-25 20:02 vivian qi
From: vivian qi @ 2002-06-25 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gcc

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=gb2312, Size: 1134 bytes --]

Hi,
I ran 'srcdir/configure [options] [target]' on the
irix 6.5 and got the some warnings and errors listed
below:

Configuring for a mips-sgi-irix6.5 host.
*** This configuration is not supported in the
following subdirectories:
     target-libffi target-boehm-gc target-zlib
target-libjava
    (Any other directories should still work fine.)
Created "Makefile" in /usr/local/gcc using "mh-frag"
cc WARNING:  abi should have been specified by
driverwrap
cc WARNING:  /usr/lib32/cmplrs does not contain all of
the MIPSPro compiler phases; perhaps you need a
different toolroot?
cc ERROR:  cannot exec /usr/lib32/cmplrs/fec
*** The command 'cc -o conftest -g   conftest.c'
failed.
*** You must set the environment variable CC to a
working compiler.

What should I do then? what do the warnings mean? and
How can I 'set the environment variable CC to a
working compiler'? Any reply will be appreciated.

Regards

      vivian qi
       vv_qi@yahoo.com.cn

2002ÄêÊÀ½ç±­ÈºÐÛ÷éÕ½ ÑÅ»¢Öйú¾Û½¹ÈÕº«
http://cn.fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/

* Re: problems of installing gcc on irix 6.5.
@ 2002-06-26 11:35 ` Gokhan Kisacikoglu
From: Gokhan Kisacikoglu @ 2002-06-26 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vivian qi; +Cc: help-gcc

vivian qi wrote:

> Hi,
> I ran 'srcdir/configure [options] [target]' on the
> irix 6.5 and got the some warnings and errors listed
> below:
>
> Configuring for a mips-sgi-irix6.5 host.
> *** This configuration is not supported in the
> following subdirectories:
>      target-libffi target-boehm-gc target-zlib
> target-libjava
>     (Any other directories should still work fine.)
> Created "Makefile" in /usr/local/gcc using "mh-frag"
> cc WARNING:  abi should have been specified by
> driverwrap
> cc WARNING:  /usr/lib32/cmplrs does not contain all of
> the MIPSPro compiler phases; perhaps you need a
> different toolroot?
> cc ERROR:  cannot exec /usr/lib32/cmplrs/fec
> *** The command 'cc -o conftest -g   conftest.c'
> failed.
> *** You must set the environment variable CC to a
> working compiler.
>
> What should I do then? what do the warnings mean? and
> How can I 'set the environment variable CC to a
> working compiler'? Any reply will be appreciated.

Are you sure you have a compiler installed on your SGI? Try this;

run the command: swmgr
click on "Manage Installed Software"
Try to see if you have the following subsystems;

Development System
C Headers and Libraries
C++ Headers and Libraries
IRIX Development Headers/Documentation
X11 Development Environment

If you do not have a compiler, you should try to obtain a precompiled
version...

Gokhan