* a question on programming
@ 2002-07-11 18:21 konny
From: konny @ 2002-07-11 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

This is off topic and I aplogoies in advance if anyone is offended.
If it TRUELY offends tell me off list and (better still) direct me to
the appropriate listing. Please do not waste the thread ranting and
counter ranting..

I am not that new to programming but consider myself an old novice.  The
problem is I find myself often with a difficult dilema when coding.
How do you prioritize your coding responsiblity between:

functionally
 Does it do what its suposed to do, can it do more, has it been future
proofed [what's that ;)]

speed
It's the code efficient

validity
can it handle all possible data

security

Another factor:

I know their are methodologies that cover the stages,and I know it can
depend on the application / service being provided but what I'm asking
is when YOU are coding which do you consider first ..   last and why.
 Have you every considered this or am I just wasting characters?

references , redirects are much appreciated..

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-07-12  1:21 UTC | newest]