* Dynamic loader and virtual functions
@ 2002-08-17  5:28 Chris Hennes
From: Chris Hennes @ 2002-08-17  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I have a C++ application that loads plugins using dlopen and dlsym. To
do this, each plugin has an extern "C" function called LoadPlugin. Up
until now, this has worked fine. Now, I am developing a new plugin. The
first few tests worked fine - dlsym found LoadPlugin without any
trouble. I then added a new class to the plugin - it is derived from a
class that is defined in the main application, which has numerous
virtual functions. If I don't override those functions in the new class,
everything works fine (as far as loading is concerned), but all I have
to do is uncomment one in the header file, and suddenly dlsym no longer
finds LoadPlugin. Any clues?

If there is different mailing list that this should be posted on, please
  let me know.

Thanks,

Chris Hennes