* Problem debugging gcc compile test on Solaris 7.
@ 2002-12-19 10:09 Hillel (Sabba) Markowitz
From: Hillel (Sabba) Markowitz @ 2002-12-19 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC Help

It turns out that a test program compiled on Solaris 8 will debug successfully
even when run on a Solaris 7 platform. A test program compiled on Solaris 7
(in 64-bit mode) will fail
           even when executed on a Solaris 8 platform. The gdb result (also
built in 64 bit mode by gcc on the correct platform - Solaris 7 or Solaris 8)
is as follows

           gcc -g -m64 testit.c -o testit

           gdb testit
           break testit.c:43

           Breakpoint 1 at 0x938: file testit.c, line 43

           run

           Starting program: testit
           Warning:
           Cannot insert breakpoint 1.
           Error accessing memory address 0x938: I/O error.
           The same program may be running in another process.

Is there some option that was neglected when building gcc for Solaris 7 that
is either not required or is a default on Solaris 8.

I have also sent a help request to the gdb mailing list but it appears as if
the problem lies with gcc.

--
Said the fox to the fish, "Join me ashore".
 The fish are the Jews, Torah is our water

Hillel (Sabba) Markowitz - sabbahem@bcpl.net

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-12-19 17:29 UTC | newest]