Hi, We used to have a debug option -gdwarf+ when we were using gcc 2.95. However when we changed to higher version of gcc, we got these errors: In gcc (GCC) 3.2, we got the warning: cc1: warning: 'dwarf+': unknown or unsupported -g option In gcc version 3.4.2, we got the error: cc1: error: unrecognised debug output level "dwarf+" After I checked the latest gcc manual, I found that this option has been removed from gcc. The problem is, we have a very large source file and we use GDB. If we use the default -g option, gdb is unable to break or list at linenumber beyong a certain limit (e.g. break at linenumber 1000000). We also tried -gstabs+ and -ggdb but neither can work out. And since we use GDB, some of the debug options are not applicable. We also tried -gxcoff+ using gcc 3.4.2 but got an error: target system does not support the "xcoff" debug format. The system we are using is SunOS 5.8 sparc. Anyone has idea how to solve this problem? Thanks! Best Regards, Zhang Wei