* Slow performance with >=g++ 3.4.3
@ 2005-01-25  1:06 Mike Sullivan
From: Mike Sullivan @ 2005-01-25  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

I have installed both gcc 3.4.3 and gcc 4.0 and have found about a 30%
slowdown in one
particular code that I am benchmarking. I am compiling on Opteron and
have been using
the flags -m64 -O3, so far gcc 3.3.3 that comes with Suse Ent 9.0 is the
fastest. I have
tried to issue the flags -fno-gcse -fno-unit-at-a-time -fno-crossjumping
-fno-web so that
I should be issuing the same flags that are implied under 3.3.3. Has
anyone noticed
a similar performance drop, any ideas why this is happening.

                                                            Thanks

                                                             Mike Sullivan

--
Mike Sullivan                           President
@lliance Technologies,                  Voice: (416) 385-3255 x 228,

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-01-25  1:06 UTC | newest]