* Re: Is there a way to generate a cross reference listing for a c/c++ program using gcc?
       [not found] <001501c557e7$114c4480$d5c60443@oemcomputer>
@ 2005-05-13 19:06 ` E. Weddington
From: E. Weddington @ 2005-05-13 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Albrecht; +Cc: gcc, gcc-help

Paul Albrecht wrote:

>Is there a way to generate a cross reference listing for a c/c++ program
>using gcc?

-Wl,-Map=mapfile.map,--cref

Docs for -Wl option:
<http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.0.0/gcc/Link-Options.html#Link-Options>

Docs for linker options (-Map, --cref):
<http://sourceware.org/binutils/docs-2.16/ld/Options.html#Options>

Questions like this are more topical for the gcc-help mailing list:
<http://gcc.gnu.org/lists.html>

Eric

* Re: Is there a way to generate a cross reference listing for a c/c++ program using gcc?
@ 2005-05-13 19:51   ` Paul Albrecht
From: Paul Albrecht @ 2005-05-13 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: E. Weddington; +Cc: gcc, gcc-help

Eric writes:

> -Wl,-Map=mapfile.map,--cref

I'm not looking for a cross-reference from a symbol to its memory location
in linked file, rather a cross-reference from a symbol definition in a
program source file to its line number references in all the program source
files.

* Re: Is there a way to generate a cross reference listing for a c/c++ program using gcc?
@ 2005-05-13 21:33     ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2005-05-13 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Albrecht; +Cc: E. Weddington, gcc, gcc-help

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 14:49 -0500, Paul Albrecht wrote:
> Eric writes:
>

> > -Wl,-Map=mapfile.map,--cref
> >

> I'm not looking for a cross-reference from a symbol to its memory location
> in linked file, rather a cross-reference from a symbol definition in a
> program source file to its line number references in all the program source
> files.

It's probably easiest to snarf that from the debug information produced
in the executable with -g.

* Re: Is there a way to generate a cross reference listing for a c/c++ program using gcc?
@ 2005-05-16  8:27       ` Carlo Corridore
From: Carlo Corridore @ 2005-05-16  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Berlin; +Cc: Paul Albrecht, E. Weddington, gcc, gcc-help

Or probably using sourcenav software from sourcenav.sourceforge.net

Daniel Berlin wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 14:49 -0500, Paul Albrecht wrote:
>
>>Eric writes:
>>

>>>-Wl,-Map=mapfile.map,--cref
>>>

>>I'm not looking for a cross-reference from a symbol to its memory location
>>in linked file, rather a cross-reference from a symbol definition in a
>>program source file to its line number references in all the program source
>>files.
>>

> It's probably easiest to snarf that from the debug information produced
> in the executable with -g.

[-- Attachment #2: carlo.vcf --]

begin:vcard
fn:Carlo Corridore
n:Corridore;Carlo
org:Alenia Aeronautica Nola;Sistemi di Integrazione
adr:;;Via Boscofangone Zona A.S.I.;Polvica di Nola;NA;80035;Italy
email;internet:carlo@alenianola.finmeccanica.it
title:Systems & Integration Manager
tel;work:++39-81-315-4103
tel;fax:++39-81-315-4044
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
end:vcard

* Is there a way to generate a cross reference listing for a c/c++ program using gcc?
@ 2005-05-12 18:07 Paul Albrecht
From: Paul Albrecht @ 2005-05-12 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help